I started this Blog for two reasons:
1. I want to support all table tennis players playing defensive style
Table tennis defenders add high attractiveness to the game:
This seems to be a little at risk since there is only a small minority of defenders within the top level ranking of ITTF. As to my knowledge there is no systematic and widespread table tennis training available for defenders in most countries and clubs. Successful defensive style players rarely work as trainers. Nevertheless modern style defending can be quite successful. Since there are not a lot of experienced trainers with special knowledge in defence style on the market I thought I might share a litte bit of my experience as a defensive player. I have analysed hundreds if not thousands of TT-videos in this regard. I will start with 5 male defenders and carry on with 5 female defenders. Female defenders have a much higher potential in my view, since they did not yet exploit the full advantage of modern style defending.
2. The second reason is much simplier: This is my first ever Blog and I want to get experience in blogging.
Note from the editor:
- If you find any good male or female defender (only the ones ranked within the first 1500 places of the ITTF World Ranking) that you would like to show up here please let me know. Please also report if some of the links to Youtube-Videos have been removed or are outdated.
- Please understand that I do this in my spare time. I can therefore not answer individual request for consulting on personal playing style. You can therefore learn from the video analysis, watch the numerous tutorial videos on youtube or get individual training from people like Tischtennis Institut Thomas Dick – Professional Table Tennis Training
- Since numerous people asked for an impressum I refere to my new homepage for this: Markus Dick – Photography