The following observations are of course my personal view and do not claim to be the “truth”!
Here comes Yang Wang (Slovakia):
I still think he would be much better of with long pips or short pips like Hou Yingchao has ….
- incredible fast footwork. Highest speed I have seen so far.
- good forehand counter topspin
- very good reflexes
- backhand defence often to high and not spinny enough (using the wrong pimples in my view)
- forehand defence to inconsistent and predictively too high on slow and very spinny topspins down his forehand
- generally not using the wrist enough to compensate the spin when chopping
- forehand defensive stroke is going rather “round” the ball instead of chopping it straight in an upward townward movement.
- not using long pimples on forehand when defending on slow spinny topspins
- return on serve to inconsistent on both sides and not choppy enough with forehand rubber inside so that he often gets punishes by first rocket topspin from the opponent.
- definitively get other pimples that are able to return backhand chops lower, faster and with much more backspin (there are 4 or 5 on the market to my knowledge)
- practice return on serve in order to return it with heavy backspin from forehand side
- practice occasionally using long pimples to return slow spinny topspins into his forehand.
- practive more and more consistently counterspinning topspins into his forehand. Try heavy sidepsin one à la Lin Ju or Hou Yingchao as a variation.