The following observations are of course my personal view and do not claim to be the “truth”!
Here comes Seo Hyo Won (South Korea): She has improved quite a lot in the time between the Videos!
Great female table tennis: Probably one of her best matches ever
- Very good footwork
- very good Placement of pushes and chops, forcing the oppoent to constantly move left and right to Topspin. A good way of “wearing down” the opponents energy.
- very good backhand serves with a lot of varieties
- very good consistent defending on the backhand
- good blocking or countersmashing techniques on the Forehand side
- generally very versatile and unpredictable playing style combining defending and attacking moments in nearly ideal manner
- very good Forehand countertopspin with quite some surprise potential for the opponent
- not showing a lot of Forehand serves so far.
- Forehand defence occasionally bounce back too high when confronted with slow, short and heavily “loaded” Topspins
- not using the short (???) pimples very often to block or Smash a push or block ball when she has the opportunity to do so.
- practice a greater variety of Forehand serves
- practice defending deceptive “floats” on Forehand side when confronted with slow and spinny Topspins or use the pimples on the Forehand to defend.
- practice smashing high pushes down her backhand with the pimples.