The following observations are of course my personal view and do not claim to be the “truth”!
Here comes Game and skills analysis Ma Te (China):
- very versatile playing style, one of the rare defenders using the long pips on forehand to defend on short very spinny topspins into his forehand, a dangerous weapon.
- good footwork
- good Forehand Topspin on pushes and good Counter topspinning
- consistent backhand chop (short pips as far as I can see)
- nice use of the different Rubbers to push, block and Topspin with both sides
- good backhand Topspin on pushes
- occasionally the shot pips return fast Topspins too high
- variety of serves could still increase a bit
- footwork could still improve a bit (but he is still Junior, so that normal)
- Forehand defense is rather going “round” the ball putting it back too high instead of chopping it upside down to Keep it low and with much backspin. So
- practice Forehand chopping the ball back low and with more backspin
- practice “Floating” backhand defence balls back in order to avoid a high defence that easily gets punished
- practice more versatile serves