The following observations are of course my personal view and do not claim to be the “truth”!
Here comes LIU Yi (China):
- good footwork
- unusual serves with the forehad
- good forehand topspin and countertopspin
- very good and choppy backhand defence
- could occasionally surprising backhand block with pips
- physical fitness in legs could probably increase. I am not sure how good his footwork is after playing several matches in a tournament
- not a great variety of serves
- forehand defence against slow spinny topspins often bounce too high or off the table
- backhand topspin not very consistent
- practise greater variety of serves, especially backhand serves which give him the chance to attack with forehand on return
- occasionally use pimples out on forehand to return slow and very spinny topspins down his forehand
- practise backhand topspin on pushes
- practise blocking with backhand by using both rubbers.