The following observations are of course my personal view and do not claim to be the “truth”!
Here comes Jian Fei Sun (Canada):
- Good and very versatile use of the long pimples. Also using them on the forehand to push-chop on the table thus confusing and putting pressure on the attacker.
- Very Good footwork
- Very good forehand topspins with loads of spin and sidespin
- can also play lefthanded if need is
- Forehand serves do not show a great variety and seem to me to be on the edge of being correct: Look like he hits the ball behind the body (as a lot of the pros unfortunately do without being corrected by the umpires)
- backhand defence too inconsistent. He misses too many or puts them back too high.
- Overuses the pimples on forehand side when taking serves.
- Generally being a bit vulnerable to tricky forehand serves.
- practice greater variety of serves, especially with backhand
- get more consistence in defending with the backhand in the long distance defence
- try to use rubber in more often with heavy chop on opponents serve