The following observations are of course my personal view and do not claim to be the “truth”!
Here comes Jonah Schlie (GER): I see great potential here!
- nice twiddling of the bat, good use of pimples in to push with backhand
- quite versatile playing style (occasional blocks and topspins with backhand etc.)
- very good footwork
- very good forehand counter topspin
- good consistent defending with pimples on backhand
- good backhand serves
- few forehand serves
- no use of pimples on backhand to “mess up” the game when receiving pushes into backhand
- forehand defence and pushes not choppy enough, but not “empty” enough to be a deceptive float
- no use of pimples on forehand on heavy loaded topspins down his forehand
- too often just lifting the ball back from forehand (like Filus) instead of defending or heavy counter topspin
- work a bit on forehand serves
- try to occasionally use pimples on forehand when chopping on very spinny topspins
- try to place ball more often into awkward corners especially when playing lefthanders (into their backhand)