The following observations are of course my personal view and do not claim to be the “truth”!
Here comes Alina NIKITCHANKA (BLR) :
- good backhand block with pimples down the line
- quite choppy forehand defence
- good backhand serves
- definetively too week attacking qualities, too much old school chopping only
- goes back from the table too far and too early
- back hand defense not consistent enough
- “hopping” with body without need disadvantageous
- bat grip issue: the way she grips the bat when defending (thumb middle on the forehand rubber side is disadvantageous if you get a fast topspin into the forehand
- not chopping through the ball with forehand but “shoveling” around it. This will not work against better topspins and the ball goes up too high.
- improve general footwork
- definitely practise more forehand attacking (topspin on pushes and counter topspin from far behind the table)
- use forehand serves
- stay closer to table