The following observations are of course my personal view and do not claim to be the “truth”!
Here comes Ding Yaping (CHN):
- good variety of serves
- good forehand defense when in right position
- very good backhand defense
- good attack with long pips from backhand side on pushes
- good forehand smash on higher push balls and on higher topspins
- forehand defense inconsistent when not exactly right placed.
- no twiddling
- not using forehand topspin a lot
- practice better and faster positioning when defending with forehand
- use forehand topspin more often to attack after serve