The following observations are of course my personal view and do not claim to be the “truth”!
Here comes Eric Adam , called “Le boucher” (France):
More videos including matches from ERIC and team mates can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/LaGardeTT
I make a deliberate exception here for a French player who is playing “only” in the french second league. He is playing the closest to what I would call the ideal defender style. He is twiddling the bat and uses all rubbers on all sides to defend and to attack. I am sure that if Joo Se Hyuk or Ruwen Filus would adopt his style they would be even better. His “motivational” behaviour is somewhat weird but if you don’t take it too seriously it can also be quite entertaining.
- Very versatile playing style
- very good backhand topspin
- good backhand and very forehand defense with long pips
- consistent pushing with both rubbers on both sides
- nice use of long pips on forehand to push-flip the ball and put pressure on the attacker
- good footwork
- good forehand topspin
- sometimes having problems with tricky servers
- sometimes shouting about also disturbs himself
- backhand defense sometimes goes up too high. Wrist use could be improved to prevent this.
- not many dangereous or tricky serves
- could use forehand topspin on pushes more often
- increase versatility of serves